Monday, January 16, 2012

AWARD SEASON IS HERE!


The Golden Globes have past and now we eagerly await Oscar Nomination announcements, which happen on January 24th.  The award season is meant to be a time of celebrating the best films of the year. Of course, most years my favorite films get very little recognition and, still, I enjoy the process.  I love the dresses, I love the spectacle, I love the predictions and how invested I get.
This is an exciting year mainly because many of Hollywood's Elite are getting nominations. Leonardo Dicaprio, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney are shoe-ins for noms, and THE ARTIST star Jean Dujardin is too.  The fifth slot could go to sexy Michael Fassbender, or sexy Ryan Gosling. I think Fassbender in SHAME deserves it, but I love me some Gosling as well.
In the Best Actress category we could have Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, and Tilda Swinton, all amazing talents, and Michelle Williams is a big threat to win.  I really hope Charlize Theron gets a nod for YOUNG ADULT but I think Rooney Mara might beat her out for her role in GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.



This year the top runners are THE ARTIST and THE DESCENDANTS. Both will get nominated, and I am guessing one of them will win.  The third top contender is HUGO, my favorite of the three. Martin Scorcese won best director, so look for him in that category.

As for my list of ten favorite films of 2011, I am busy busy trying to see as much as possible (which is hard work) and will post my top ten list the week before the Oscars.

Below, just for fun, are my favorite Golden Globe red carpet looks this year.

Emma Stone had a great year.  I am ready to see her in a movie I like, but am still a fan.  She killed it on the carpet, I WANT THAT BELT!
Always nice to see a curvy women on the carpet, holding her own.  I was happy she won, there is a terrible lack of good roles for black women, and I think she was gorgeous in this gown.  
Clooney is a handsome man, and Stacy Keibler looked fantastic!  I am not a huge fan of red dresses, but she looks hot. I love the hair, the simplicity.  This couple should have babies!
I wanted Charlize to win for YOUNG ADULT, because she was amazing.  As for her dress, not many ladies can pull this off, but her height and breathtaking beauty allows her to wear the dress and not be overwhelmed.  (Unlike Natalie Portman, whom I thought looked like a toddler in her dress)
I love Tilda!  She is an amazing actress who consistently stars in films I love.  I have yet to see this years WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN, which she was nominated for, but I am eagerly awaiting it.  Tilda has a unique personal style that gets put down often, but this year she pulled it off, looking lovely and original. 

At first I wasn't sure what I thought about this dress, but after seeing it several times I fell in love. This women is always stunning and has breasts to die for, and this is one of her best looks.  She is like a hot latin robot lady. 





No comments:

Post a Comment